Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Full Belly Laughs...

So Z is moving, like moving moving. It's crazy. I kept waiting for him to scootch, we would meanly put toys just out of his reach and tryto get him to move forward and he sorta could but not really. So while I was focusing on that, I missed the fact that rolling over could get you places! He rolled over from his back to his belly (finally!) and I missed him doing that. I was chatting with my sister in law and looked up and he wasn't on his back anymore! I was shocked but then he didn't do it for several days and I started wondering if maybe I was crazy, maybe he was on his tummy all along but then he did it! He rolled from his back to his tummy and then he did this thing where if I had him close to his exersaucer he would use that to roll himself back and forth, it was so cute. But then this new thing started - log rolling! I had heard of it but never really thought about it as a way to move. I thought babies just rolled over a couple times and that was log rolling. But Z doesn't just roll over, he moves all over my house. He can get from point A to point B surprisingly quick. Although I must admit, I'm really not sure if he actually is planning to get somewhere or just ends up somewhere and then happily plays where he ends up. But regardless, it's so fun to watch. Plus he's a lot more content these days now that he can do stuff on his own. The best thing ever was when he was on the floor by himself and I was just chatting with Mike on the couch and he managed to roll over to his car seat and get to his toy and he'd press the buttons and play with it and then.....he laughed. Like full out belly laugh. My heart just melted. This wasn't his first laugh, he giggles quite a bit. Almost always when I kiss his cheeks and say "mum-mum-mum" and when Mike gives him belly rubs but this was the first time he had laughed on his own, without us doing something to entertain him. It just seems so special, this laugh. It was a huge laugh, which is a newer thing to him, and it just seemed to say that we're doing something right. We are raising a happy, healthy child who loves us, who loves his life and is content. And then I picked him up and he smiled at me and gave me a giant sloppy open mouthed kiss. I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment