Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Money Monday

Monday, Wednesday...it's all the same when you are a SAHM! haha. My days are so busy. Mondays is recovering from the weekend (Sunday is always a busy day with church in the morning and then we are also going to an adult education night in the evenings) plus we have swim lessons. I also feel a strong need to get my house clean since I work Tuesday and I just feel like I have to start that day with a clean house. And then hubby had a board meeting at the church in the evening. Tuesday was work and my mom was out of town that day so I had to bring the boys to the dayhome so that always makes my day longer too. So that's all to say that my Money Monday update is happening on a Wednesday! But it's basically the end of the month and we have spent $305 on groceries, so $5 over. Not too bad. That is $45 less than our normal budget and we were going over that budget most months so I can't really complain. However, we are out of food. I mean nothing in the house out of food. We have meat (due to our giant Costco stock up at the beginning of the month) but other than a little bit of lettuce, half a galloon of milk and some carrots, we have nothing else. Which makes me think that while $300 is possible, I think I would rather do $350 and actually end the month with some food! But I feel really good that we did it! 

So here is my meal plan for the week:

Sunday:
Dinner @ church 

Monday:
B: waffles
L: sandwiches
D: leftovers

Tuesday:
B: waffles (we had a lot leftover...)
L: at the dayhome
D: spaghetti & sauce


Wednesday:
B: eggs & toast
L: pita pizzas
D: Chicken with ravioli & alfredo sauce


Thursday:
B: Oatmeal
L: McDonalds with my mom

D: Soup & buns

Friday:
B: Pancakes
L: leftovers

D: Chicken Pot Pie 

Saturday:
B: Ikea
D: Steak with Baked Potatoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment